Long Handled Reacher Purpose & Benefits
The Long Handled Reacher/Homecraft Pick-Up reacher is a lightweight, robust and wear-resistant reacher. Ideal for retrieving a wide variety of items around the home. Features two gripping jaws with sculptured liners for excellent grip. The magnetic head allows for easy retrieval of pins, paper clips etc. Comfort designed trigger ideal for stiff, arthritic fingers. Available in three sizes – Standard, Long or X/Long.
- Ideal for retrieving or reaching a wide variety of items in the home, garden or out shopping.
- Easy to use, store and transport.
- Able to hold 454g or less.
- Twin Gripping Jaws: The jaws have sculptured liners that give an excellent grip. The jaws open to 3″ wide and rotate 360° for greater maneuverability. The Pick-Up is operated by a wire not a cord eliminating fraying or stretching.
- Magnetic Head: There is a magnet attached to the jaw which allows easy retrieval of pins, paper clips and other small ferrous items.
- Trigger Design: The trigger is designed for comfort and is large and roomy to allow the use of all fingers. The short trigger distance is ideal for stiff, arthritic fingers. The trigger projects through the top of the handle to allow it to be squeezed in a conventional manner, or pushed using the palm of the hand.
- Rotatable Head/Stick Clip: The head can easily rotate to suit individual tasks. The Pick-Up is supplied with a removable stick clip, allowing it to be clipped onto wheelchairs and walking frames etc.
- Available in four lengths, with or without optional extras
- The optional forearm support is available for people with reduced wrist strength who require added comfort.
- Available with a locking mechanism to hold the jaws closed for users with minimal grip strength.
- Short/Paediatric – 34cm, 170g
- Standard – 60cm, 215g
- Long – 75cm, 235g
- X-Long – 90cm, 250g
Also, check out jawed reacher.